Thursday, November 6, 2008

Single is simple??

You think being single, it's an easy life??

Nope...nope...not when you are single and have parents and have 3 other siblings hounding your back assuming that because I'm single therefore I should have more time.

Time for what? Forget going out with friends on Sundays for movies or coffees or for that matter anything concerning "friends" is prohibited. To have a chill sunday, sleep in,lazing around all day is not logical in their head, not even considering we're working our ass off on weekdays including saturdays and that we need our rest in peace and solace. Nope...noooo...nooo..noo..
..

Because the singles are expected to go to parents house on weekends because the siblings that have their own families have all the excuses not to be there.

Yeah..so they have to entertain their otherhalf and the broods, therefore we're expected to do so with the parents week in and week out.

And if you are not there, you are deemed "anak derhaka". Well that is in exact word of brother and then come the "kalau mommy mati malam nie, tak redha hidup awak blaaa...bla...bla... mommy kecik hati tau, u did not come today...blaaa...blaa...u better mintak ampun...blaaa...bla....." and the lectures goes on.

Ok...so my mom is not in her best of health for now. But in my justification, it's been countless sundays that I have not enjoy peacefully i.e sleeping all day. I'm exhausted to the max, almost hit the wheel of a gigantic truck because I doze off couple of seconds while driving and as if that's not enough work is not very "easy" too at the moment.

So we had one crazy maid came over the weekend, and so I thought why not? why not this sunday I just sleep the whole day!!! and I did....I just need 1 sunday, just 1 sunday only and then I can keep up with few more sundays before I collapse again.

Why is the terminology of "sleep in" or "sleep all day" sounds very dramatic to some people. So I can do that, what is so wrong with that?? Am I puffing dope all day??? Can I say, I want to have "dope doping all day "?

So I'm one of the few millions that can sleep in, is that soooo bad???

My mom whine to me too, whine about my sister making her heart wrenched, my brother this, my younger sister like that....what did I do??? I didn't provoke her further, just calm the mother down for pete's sake...she's sick, everything is sensitive to her...hmmmm..maybe next time I should provoke her and then call my other siblings and tell them that they're label as "anak derhaka" how does that sound??

So who says being single is easy???

I'm now desperate to find a husband. Any takers???

11 comments:

Aku Tak Bisa Luluhkan Hatimu.. said...

ko ni patut ade anak la wehh..sebab anak boleh adopt ma, husband takleh. Nanti ko boleh la bagi alasan "gua busy ok, anak gua nak tgk transformers"

betul tak?

Hajar said...

hmm.. kakak... i understand what you're going through.. alas, it is something that we have to face kan? i pray you will stay strong.

hugs.

AA said...

sleep all day and dope all day... that is heaven on earth...

but still, when it comes to family, they MUST always comes first. It doesn't matter how much you bitch about them, they're still family...

and no matter how inconsiderate they may be to your situation, they're still family...

My point is, some sacrifices that you do or did might go unnoticed, but it will pay off... someday...

GOD IS FAIR! Patience my sweet child... (cheh! now i sound like a pastor! hahah)

p/s: enjoy the little things in life... (like how your mother's nose wrinkle when she's whining and so forth, you'll see that life ain't that bad after all)

Cosmic_GurL said...

I feel you my dear..sometimes siblings who are married pandai take advantage of their single siblings...why dont u just go to your mother's house in the morning and then tidolah sampai petang..hehehe

Kak Elle said...

I can't agree more with you thats how I felt too...why do people always think since we are single we have no committments???We also a space to breathe kan?

maklang said...

sabar mas...that's all I can say...

ada hikmahnya di kemudian hari tu, InsyaAllah..

gravtkills said...

sounds very stressful man

Nore said...

hye kak mas,
it's been awhile since i last left any comments.

i feel you.stay strong okay? in my case,some of my friends who are not single think i have all the time in world because im single.

manusia ni kalau dilayan boleh jadi gila.haha

maszuzu said...

~jolie~

beb, aku ingat pun camtu aaa..me adopt laa..as last resort..hahahaha..


~jade~

tks sis...:)

~aqma~

all i needed was that sleep, but noooo!!!! my kak long has to make a big fuss about it...arhhgg..sometimes I think I can strangle her...gerammm!!

maszuzu said...

~cosmic babe~

sbb tido disitu ader gangguan..hahahhaa.. so back to square one... :(

~kak elle~

yeahh...space to breath...itupun susah nak dapat...

maszuzu said...

~mak lang~

heheehe...tgh sabo la nie kak...if not for my mom, dah lama hilang sabar...

~gravtkills~

very indeed bro..worst when I dun have enough sleep..:(

~sis nore~

yeahh...very true indeed, jadie buat la tak tau jee...