Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Spa Retreat - Tempat Senang, Batam









4 of us went for a spa retreat. I make it clear that for this trip to Singapore, I want to do this Batam thingy.... And boy I have no regrets....apart from the hiccups on the cash/credit card issue.

The whole thing cost each one of us SGD241 or RM600...which is for me reaaaalllyyy cheap as this covers...are you ready??

1. A 1 night stay
2. Pick up/Transfer @ Sekupang.
3. Seafood Dinner
4. Breakfast
5. 3 hours Spa treatment

Not bad ehhh...However I would recommend a 2 nights stay, so the trip won't be a wannabe "amazing race" trip. You'll have ample time to roam around Nagoya Hill and Batam Centre. I did my cream bath and pedicure at wannabe Salon Christopher, a wannabe Johnny Andrean which cost me only RM30!!! But I must say JA beat their service and cream bath by miles. I did these on my arrival day @ Nagoya Hill and on departure day, I was at Batam Centre and I saw JA... drats... maybe next time.

We did not arrive as schedule due to the misunderstanding on whether or not we can use credit cards since the 2 Malaysian girls were short of cash and RHB Singapore apparently is not link at all with RHB Malaysia. We almost gave up...almost...but dear Yani, the youngest and the sober ones among us decided that we should give Tempat Senang a call again to reconfirm usage of CC. And voilaaaa....what do you know??? They accept it... If only we knew this from the very beginning.... it would save us running around central SG for stupid RHB and Maybank. And to add on, my card was retained.

We missed the 8.30 boat and only manage to get the 12.10 boat. Batam time is an hour behind Singapore. Bustamin from TS picked us up at Sekupang terminal and brought us to TS.L It was a bumpy ride, red earth road kinda thing...

We arrived, checked-in, rested for a while before making our way to Nagoya Hill - apparently the biggest shopping mall in Batam. The journey was about 40minutes and for 3 hours the personal cab cost us Rph150,000. We had our lunch and went separate ways to do our cream bath, menis and pedis. Both Emy and Yani preferred Marthaa Tilaar while I who had bad experience with Indonesian traditional products decided to stick with the JA wannabe salon.

Emy's meni and pedi took longer than expected...we promised the driver to pick us up at 5pm which became 7pm. Additional hour is charged @ SGD7.

To cut the story short, we had fun... it was worth the money....big dinner, lovely breakfast, we went for a short swim etc...etc...

Verdict - A must go again...

1 comment:

Wanda Waing said...

Sounds like a great trip, besides the rushing around. Did the spa have a swimspa in their building? I hear swim spas are great for relaxation and total rejuvenation. I wonder what a swim spa cost to get in my home?