Saturday, August 23, 2008

She's finally leaving...

Just before I went for my short break, someone asked me, "have you heard the latest big news?" I said what?? the increment??

Nooooo.....that's old news..we'll get when we get it.

If I tell you, you've got to promise that you'll act shocked when you hear it from her, anyway half the hotel knows about it already. So I said, great, I'm directly supposedly reporting to her and I'm the last to know...hmmm...

You've guessed it...my division leader is leaving for bigger bucks with a lower post. Who cares anyway right?? Now, it's all about the dollars and cents. After 17 years she's finally making a move. I'm wishing her all the best and that she will succeed in bringing her new team to greater heights.

I now recall when I last saw her from her East Coast trip she dropped by the office, came in, use the loo and then said see you guys tomorrow but not before she went over to touch the shoulder and pat the back of my assistant, whom like her has been there for 17 years. I thought something was "going on".

I wonder when my time is coming.... dollars and cents wise...I am getting waaaayyyy below the KL market. Anyways, I know I will make a move, when? is matter of timing. I'm only hoping I won't be here for the next 17 years, I cannot imagine myself being under one management style for that long. I am what I am because of the several management skills that I adopt through out the years.

3 comments:

east43street said...

Don't wait too long sis, the missing train won't return.

gravtkills said...

go for it...now!

maszuzu said...

~e43~

Yup..not planning to..i'm building up the portfolio before my next move. besides no exciting offers yet... :)

~gravtkills~

hahahaaa....waiting for offers :) got offers...